Overview of Position:
The House Democratic Caucus (HDC) is hiring an Operations Director to start in January of 2022. The Operations Director will work for the Executive Director to help facilitate efficient outreach and administrative work for the caucus – from meetings with state agencies and stakeholders to organizing and helping facilitate meetings with HDC Members and staff, as appropriate. This position is based in Austin, TX.
Summary of Texas HDC:
The sixty-five members of our caucus fight for real solutions for all Texans. We are champions for working families, and are dedicated to increasing opportunity for those we represent. We are steadfast in our commitment to increase access to affordable health care, invest in our public schools and protect the freedom to vote. Chaired by Rep. Chris Turner (HD 101 – Grand Prairie), our staff supports House Democrats in all matters related to their policy, communications and district efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Operations Director will:
- Lead on operations planning and logistics for all major caucus events — including the caucus retreat and caucus fundraisers;
- Coordinate all scheduling matters for the HDC, including meetings with HDC Members, staff, advocacy groups, agency personnel and stakeholders;
- Craft agendas and follow up with tasks discussed and assigned during any meetings;
- Assist with project deadlines and task management for all HDC staff; and
- Assist the HDC Executive Director on any matters assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills and the capacity to present complex information in a simple way
- Experience with event planning and management
- Experience working with the Texas Legislature and/or state and local government, either as staff or in an advocacy role, is a plus but is not required
- Cooperative attitude with ability to manage many requests at once
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is negotiable; applicants should know that base salary would be no less than $3,000/month and would increase in a manner commensurate with experience. A $500/month health care stipend is also provided in addition to salary.
Send resume, a one-page cover letter and at least two references to Cara Santucci, Executive Director of the Texas HDC, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with a goal of beginning employment by January 15, 2021.
The HDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for all, and we encourage applicants of all identities, backgrounds, ages, and abilities to apply.